Wednesday, September 21, 2011

A Laugh a Day Keeps the Psychiatrist Away!

Hallelujah! The baby has been birthed and is now ready to meet its public. I'm happy to introduce The One Year Devotional of Joy and Laughter, which has just released from Tyndale House. After almost two years in development, it's great to get to hold the book in my hands.

When Tyndale called and asked me to write one of their One Year branded devotionals, I was humbled and honored. But when they said they wanted a devotional based on 365 funny stories, I gulped, thinking, You've got to be kidding! They weren't.

Then, the more I thought about it, the more I thought it was a great idea, and I got excited. Think about it: for the past three or four years, our world has been suffering from major depression due to war, the slouchy economy, ridiculous politics, terrorism, and other sad factors. Life has been the pits, right? So why won't a daily dose of humor and spiritual insight be a great remedy?

That's what you'll find in this unique devotional--365 funny stories that make spiritual points, combined with a related scripture and prayer. It's truly a great way to get your day started or to end the day on a lighthearted note. I pray that you will find it uplifting and will brighten your days as it draws you closer to the God of joy and laughter. Read it and reap!

A great gift for someone you love too!

Length: 400 pages Size: 6" x 9" Format: Softcover Price: $14.99 Blessings,

Mary

Available in "The Shoppe" (Adult Trade Books) MaryHollingsworth.com

No comments: